When logging in to Opensrs via the domain name management link ‘HostMySite's Domain Management Link’ you may be prompted to reset your password, or you may simply have forgotten and need to reset it. This will detail how to update your password:
- Attempt to login with the domain, login and your password that needs to be reset (or any login/password information if it is not know)and you will see the following error:
- Both the reset password link on the error page and the ‘forgot password’ link on the main login bring you to the following screen:
- In the field labeled ‘domain name’ you will need to put in the domain name you wish to access. Following that you will select either the Owner or the Admin contact and then click the ‘send password reset email’ button.
NOTE: If you are unsure what is on file for those contacts, that information is available by doing a whois lookup, or you may contact us directly and we will help make sure you have the correct information.
- An email will be sent to the email address listed for the domain you entered in step 5.
- Check your email to ensure you received the password reset email. It will have the subject line ‘Password reset request for’ and will contain the domain name you requested. The email will also contain a link.
- Click on the link and you will be taken to the following screen:
NOTE: The domain name and your User Name will be pre-filled. If you didn't know your User Name, you should take note of it and store it somewhere.
- In the field labeled password you will need to enter a password you have chosen and then confirm it. The password must be between five (5) and twenty (20) characters.
- Once the new password has been set you will see a confirmation and you will able to log in:
If you have any further questions that were not answered in this article, please contact us.